City Hall & Watson Monument
- Schneider, Barry, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of City Hall and Watson Monument, 50 Church Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. c1970’s.
Photographer Barry Schneider.
Published by Schneider Enterprises & Gifts Ltd. Printed in Woodstock, Ont., Canada
- File Number: 02/pt2/24-1.4
The Watson Monument was erected in memory of Private Alexander Watson, 90th Winnipeg Battalion Rifles. He died in the North West Rebellion in 1885. The monument was erected in 1886 and stood in front of the old city hall until it was moved to its present location at the corner of Church and James Streets. The monument was restored in the 1970s; bronze plaques were installed when the original lettering was lost.
- Schneider Enterprises & Gifts Ltd.
Width: 14 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 14cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1598312421711 Longitude: -79.2470138494565
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2