Grantham Methodist Church, c1930
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A reproduction of a photograph of Grantham Methodist Church, St. Catharines, Ontario. c1930.
Grantham Methodist Church was a rural church and its first building, designed by Sydney Rose Badgley, was located on what was then Church Road (now Linwell Road) near Niagara Street.
- File Number: 02/pt2/3-1.1
The Methodist congregation worshiped in various buildings until 1879 when they formed Grantham Methodist Church. Sidney Rose Badgley designed the building which opened in 1880.
The building was expanded until part of the church was deemed unsafe in 1959 and a new Church was constructed from 1959-1960.
The church began as a Methodist Church until 1925 when it became part of the United Church when the Methodist, Congregationalists and part of the Presbyterian Churches merged together.
The name changed to First Grantham United Church in 2004 when First United and Grantham United merged together to form one congregation.
- Date of Original
Width: 8.8 cm
Height: 12.6 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 8cm
Image Height: 11.6cm
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2