- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white image of the Armoury, St. Catharines.
Postmarked Feb. 16, 1906.
- Slide File Number: 08.1-A-4 (3-A-3)
In 1898 a cyclone damaged the drill hall in St. Catharines (located behind Grantham Academy on Church Street) beyond repair. A request was made to the Ministry to supply a new hall in 1899. A site at the corner of Raymond and Clark Street was proposed but in the end the corner of Lake Street and Welland Avenue was chosen for the new hall. The Armoury was built by Sullivan and Langdon, finished in 1905 and formally opened in 1906.
- 941. The Armoury, St. Catharines.
- Date of Original
- c. 1906
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.16681 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2