- Media Type
- Item Type
- An image of the front door. Willowbank, Queenston.
Willowbank is a Classical Revival style building made from locally quarried limestone. It has three stories and 8 wooden ionic columns with hand carved corner capitals.
- Slide File Number: 06.119-C-2
The mansion was built for Alexander Hamilton in 1833 and is believed to have been designed by Niagara Falls architect John Latshaw. Willowbank remained in the Hamilton family until it was purchased by John M. Bright, owner of Brights Wines, in 1934. Bright kept the property until 1966 after which it went through several owners: The Congregation of Missionary Sisters of Christian Charity and The Holy Trinity Monastery, the Appleton Boys School, and Tony Doyle. In 2006 Willowbank became a school for restoration arts.
- Date of Original
- Date Unknown
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.16682 Longitude: -79.04957
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2