The Wright House
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white image of the Wright House showing the front entrance.
The mansion was a two storey, colonial style building occupying a large property on the corner of James and Duke Streets, at 125 James Street.
- Slide File Number: 06.114-B-2
The house was built in 1842 for Henry Mittleberger, a local merchant and council member. Wm. J. Chaplin, founder of the Welland Vale Co., owned the property from 1880 to 1916 when it was sold to E. E. H. Wright in 1917, a president and treasurer of the Welland Vale Co. The property remained in the Wright family until the late 1960’s, after which the house sat vacant for a number of years and was ultimately demolished in 1971. The Niagara North Courthouse and Land Registry buildings were later built on the site along with the neighboring Carnegie library lot.
- Date of Original
- Date Unknown
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.16681 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2