House on Trafalgar Street
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An old house at 15 Trafalgar Street, St. Catharines.
- Slide File Number: 06.112-C-3
Built in 1870, the house at 15 Trafalgar Street had several notable owners: Calvin Brown, a barrister and mayor of St. Catharines; James Taylor of the Taylor & Bates Brewery bought the house in 1874; and Mary Lavina Burgoyne purchased the property in 1890. The home was to remain in the Burgoyne family until 1996.
In 1973 Stanley Van Every, who owned the home at that time, willed the property to the City of St. Catharines on condition it be used as an art gallery and named the Bartlett-Burgoyne Art Gallery. The city ultimately declined the offer.
- Date of Original
- c. 1973
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.16681 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2