Martindale Trestle Bridge
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Martindale railway trestle bridge spanning the Twelve Mile Creek, St. Catharines.
- Slide File Number: 06.110-C-1
The bridge was built in 1900 when the Niagara, St. Catharines & Toronto Railway extended its electric trolley lines to Port Dalhousie. Passenger service continued until 1950 and freight service continued until 1965. Although attempts were made to preserve the bridge for historic reasons, it was ultimately demolished in 1975.
- Date of Original
- Date Unknown
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.16681 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2