The Abandoned Taylor & Bates Brewery
Description
- Media Type
- Image
- Item Type
- Slides
- Description
- A picture of the abandoned Taylor and Bates Ltd. factory and R.C.S.C.C. Renown taken from the Burgoyne Bridge, St. Catharines, Ontario. The St. Thomas Church Spire can just be seen in the background. June 1973.
- Notes
- Slide File Number: 02.22-D-1
Taylor & Bates Brewery was established by James Taylor in 1834. In 1857 Charles Bates joined on as a full partner. The brewery last appears in the 1936 St. Catharines city directory and the old building was demolished in 1979 to make way for Highway 406.
The Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Renown had their headquarters below the Burgyone Bridge from 1941 to the 1980s. The cadet group began in 1921 and disbanded in 2002. - Date of Publication
- Jun 1973
- Subject(s)
- Geographic Coverage
-
-
Ontario, Canada
Latitude: 43.15383437755 Longitude: -79.2489148121643
-
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Contact
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:info@myscpl.ca
Website:
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2
905-688-6103