The Former's Sailor's Inn
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The former Sailor's Inn at 2 Newton Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown.
- Slide File Number: 02.21-E-1
The building was constructed sometime before 1845. It originally stood where the 12 Mile Creek flowed into the old Welland Canal. It was moved to Newton Street in the later 1800s and at some point turned into a duplex.
The City of St. Catharines was pressured to purchase the building in the 1970s along with other homes on St. Paul Crescent reputed to be owned by Louis Shickluna. The city ultimately decided not to purchase the buildings or pursue historical designation and the former inn was demolished in 1978.
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1512763520453 Longitude: -79.2459509712028
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2