Public School, Port Dalhousie
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of a public school in Port Dalhousie (a community in St. Catharines), Ontario.
- File Location: Tweedsmuir History Scrapbook: [Port Dalhousie]. CASE SPEC COLL 971.351 TWE pg 27.
The Public School in Port Dalhousie was opened in 1877. In 1955 the school was renamed McArthur Public School. The school celebrated its centennial in 1977 and closed in 1979. It became an antiques market and then in 1998 was demolished. Condos were later built on its site.
The Tweedsmuir Village Histories began with encouragement by Lady Tweedsmuir, wife of Lord Tweedsmuir, the Governor General of Canada. She believed that the history of Canada should be preserved and encouraged local Women's Institutes to keep history books. After the death of Lord Tweedsmuir, the scrapbooks were named after him resulting in the Tweedsmuir Village History Books.
This scrapbook was created by the Port Dalhousie Women's Institute.
- Public School, Port Dalhousie, Ont. Pub. by Jas. Stanton.
Width: 13.9 cm
Height: 8.8 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10.2cm
Image Height: 7.5cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2001462037304 Longitude: -79.270839188652
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2