The Alexandra Bridge over the Third Welland Canal
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of the Alexandra Bridge over the Third Welland Canal in Welland, Ontario. c1920.
Published by Rumsey & Co., Toronto, Canada. Printed in England.
- File Number: 08/pt1/36-1.3
Alexandra Bridge was built over the Third Canal in 1901. It was replaced in 1929 by the Main Street Bridge. The Main Street Bridge has not been raised since 1972 because in 1973 the Canal By-Pass opened, allowing ships to by-pass the city of Welland.
- Alexandra Bridge and Welland Canal, Welland, Canada.
- Rumsey & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date of Original
Width: 13.6 cm
Height: 4.4 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.1cm
Image Height: 3.8cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 42.9912385400542 Longitude: -79.2519457083511
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2