Paper Mills, St. Catharines
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of a paper mill (Kinleith Paper Co.), St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown (predates the 1904 explosion).
Published by the Gregory Studio. Printed in Toronto, Ontario.
- File Number: 19/pt1/10-1.1
Kinleith Paper Co was incorporated in 1899. It was located below the Burgoyne Bridge on the east bank of the 12 Mile Creek.
On August 13, 1904 a rag boiler blew up. This destroyed the building at the far front right of the image. Kinleith remained in business until the late 1920s.
In 1939 it became the site of Lincoln Foundry. The site remained until it was demolished for the 406 project.
Note the misspelling of St. Catharines
Part of the Petrie Collection donated by the Niagara Falls Public Library to the St. Catharines Public Library
- Paper Mills, St. Catherines Gregory Photo
- Gregory Studio
- Place of Publication
- Toronto, Ontario
Width: 14.8 cm
Height: 7.6 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 14.2cm
Image Height: 6cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1534430312948 Longitude: -79.2451919060517
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2