Fort Mississauga, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of Fort Mississauga, Niagara-on-the-Lake. c1920.
Published by Rumsey & Co. Printed in Toronto, Canada.
- File Number: 15/pt2/21-1.1
Note spelling of "Mississaugua"
Fort Mississauga was built following the War of 1812 closer to the mouth of the Niagara River out of brick instead of wood as a better defense against Fort Niagara and artillery. The site was abandoned by the British in the late 1850s and reoccupied during periods of tension such as the American Civil War, the Fenian Raids and the World Wars. The site is noted today for its star shaped earthworks and the single tower in the centre of the site.
- Fort Mississaugua, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada.
- Rumsey & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Toronto, Canada
- Date of Original
Width: 13.8 cm
Height: 8.6 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.8cm
Image Height: 8.8cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2617537877431 Longitude: -79.076973355074
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2