The Powder Magazine at Fort George, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of the powder magazine in Fort George, 1796, Niagara-on-the-Lake. Date Unknown.
Published by Connelly & Randall. Printed in Germany.
- File Number: 15/pt2/19-1.2
The inscription reads the French Powder Magazine. The building and Fort were built by the British in 1796. The fort was built after the British moved across the Niagara River as a result of Jay's Treaty - they needed to build a new fortification.
- French Powder Magazine in Fort George - 1796. Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada.
- Connelly & Randall
- Place of Publication
Width: 13.9 cm
Height: 8.7 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.9cm
Image Height: 8.7cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2498850524295 Longitude: -79.0601981657607
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2