The Public (Carnegie) Library and Knox Church
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of the St. Catharines Public (Carnegie) Library and Knox Church, St. Catharines, Ontario c1910. (Postmarked 1924).
The Valentine & Sons United Publishing Co., Ltd. Montreal, Toronto and Winnipeg. Printed in U.S.A.
- File Number: 11/pt1/4-1.1
The congregation of Knox Presbyterian first met in Grantham Academy in 1841 and their first church was built on Centre Street.The present building was built in 1859 on Church Street and enlarged in 1874. In 1875 the name of the church changed from Scotch Church to Knox Church.
In 1925 the church voted to remain part of the Presbyterian Church as opposed to joining the United Church. In 1956-57 the church added on building the Christian Educational Building.
- Public Library, St. Catharines, Ont., Canada.
- The Valentine & Sons United Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date of Original
Width: 13.7 cm
Height: 8.8 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.7cm
Image Height: 8.8cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1598856959972 Longitude: -79.2473671775627
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2