Canada Wheel Works, Merritton
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A photograph of the Canada Wheel Works, Merritton, (community in St. Catharines) Ontario. c1910
Photograph from the Leeson Collection.
- File Number: 05/pt1/18-1.1
The company made wheels and shafts - used water power.
Founded in 1868 by E.H. Phelps at Lock 11.
Became Pioneer Pole & Shaft Company, than Canada Pile & Shaft Co and then Finally Haynes Wheel Company (1992).
Last company located here was Haynes Dana Steel Products until 1987.
- Date of Original
Width: 25.3 cm
Height: 14.4 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24.5cm
Image Height: 13.6cm
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1436742168578 Longitude: -79.2183805447387
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2