Souvenir of St. Catharines: St. Paul Street Methodist Church
- Media Type
- Item Type
- St. Paul Street Methodist Church, Just before 248 Church Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Souvenir of St. Catharines booklet. 1910.
Published by the Valentine & Sons; United Publishing Co., Ltd.
- File Number: 03/pt1/30-1.1
In 1824 a small building was erected and enlarged in 1846. The present church was constructed in 1861 and completed until the point of the roof. In 1870 the spire was finished.
The church joined the United Church in 1925 when the Methodist, Congregational & part of the Presbyterian Churches merged together.
The building was destroyed by fire in 1962. It was rebuild within the existing walls and reopened in 1963.
In 2008 the congregation amalgamated with Welland Avenue United and Memorial United Churches to form Silver Spire Church.
- St. Paul Street Methodist Church
- The Valentine & Sons United Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date of Publication
Width: 12.9 cm
Height: 19.7 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 14cm
Image Height: 9.1cm
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2