Souvenir of St. Catharines: Welland Avenue Methodist Church
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Welland Avenue Methodist Church, Welland Avenue, St. Catharines, Ontario. Souvenir of St. Catharines booklet. 1910.
Published by the Valentine & Sons; United Publishing Co., Ltd.
- File Number: 03/pt1/30-1.1
Welland Avenue United began as a Methodist Church when a separate congregation was formed in 1870. They constructed a frame church on Henry Street was erected in 1871 with a larger church constructed in 1876. The architect was Sidney Rose Badgley.
The church joined the United Church in 1925 when the Methodists, Congregationalists and part of the Presbyterian Churches joined together to create the United Church.
In 2008 the church closed when its congregation merged with St. Paul United and Memorial United Churches to form Silver Spire Church on St. Paul Street.
- Welland Avenue Methodist Church
- The Valentine & Sons United Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date of Publication
Width: 19.7 cm
Height: 12.9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 14cm
Image Height: 9.1cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1626528933903 Longitude: -79.2490414478441
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2