Souvenir of St. Catharines: Welland Avenue Methodist Church
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Welland Avenue Methodist Church, Welland Avenue, St. Catharines, Ontario. Souvenir of St. Catharines booklet. 1910.
Published by the Valentine & Sons; United Publishing Co., Ltd.
- File Number: 03/pt1/30-1.1
The Welland Avenue Methodist Church was organised in 1870. The original church was a small frame building erected on Henry Street in 1871. It was replaced by a larger church in 1876, which was designed by Sidney Rose Bagley. This church was a red brick building with 12 spires, representing the 12 Apostles.
In 1925 the Methodists, Congregationalists and part of the Presbyterian Church joined together to create the United Church, thus the church became Welland Avenue United.
The church closed in 2008 when its congregation merged with St. Paul United and Memorial United Churches to form the Silver Spire Church on St. Paul Street.
- Welland Avenue Methodist Church
- The Valentine & Sons United Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date of Publication
Width: 19.7 cm
Height: 12.9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 14cm
Image Height: 9.1cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1626528933903 Longitude: -79.2490414478441
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2