The McSloy House, 64 Church Street.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A photograph of a postcard of an exterior view of the James McSloy residence.
64 Church Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown.
- File Number: 02/pt3/3-1.3
The McSloy family home was called "Suncroft"
McSloy was the president of the Canada Hair Cloth Company.
The McSloy House was built in 1890 by James McSloy, a dry goods salesman who later opened Canada Hair Cloth. It was one of the first houses in St. Catharines to have electricity and it was deemed one of the "social centres" of St. Catharines. The house was torn down in 1971 and was located at the end of Carlisle Street beside the Police Station.
- James McSloy's Residence, St. Catharines, Ont.
Width: 15 cm
Height: 10.1 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 12.6cm
Image Height: 7.6cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1609564415355 Longitude: -79.2461467724609
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2