City Hall, St. Catharines
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of City Hall erected c1842, Church Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Postcard c1908.
The Watson Monument is visible in the foreground.
Published by F.H. Leslie Publisher. Printed in Niagara Falls, Canada.
- File Number: 02/pt2/22-1.1
The Watson Monument was erected in memory of Private Alexander Watson, 90th Winnipeg Battalion Rifles. He died in the North West Rebellion in 1885. The monument was erected in 1886 and stood in front of the old city hall until it was moved to its present location at the corner of Church and James Streets. The monument was restored in the 1970s; bronze plaques were installed when the original lettering was lost.
See Also File Number: 19/pt1/2-1.4
- City Hall, St. Catharines, Ontario.
- F.H. Leslie
- Date of Original
Width: 13.7 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.7cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1597950820624 Longitude: -79.2471285291458
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2