Shipmans’ Gore at the corner of Ontario and St. Paul Streets, St. Catharines
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of Shipmans’ Gore at the corner of Ontario St. and St. Paul Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. c1902.
A flag pole can be seen on the grassy area in the centre of the "Gore".
Published by F.H. Leslie, Niagara Falls, Canada.
- File number: 01/pt1/36-1.4
Shipman's Gore was also known as "The Gore", Shipman's Corner, or "The Horse Collar" because of its shape.
This small community was named after Paul Shipman, the owner of an inn on the east side of Ontario Street next to St. Paul Street.
- Shipman's Gore, St. Catharines, Ont.
- F.H. Leslie
- Place of Publication
- Niagara Falls, Canada
- Date of Original
Width: 13.8 cm
Height: 8.8 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.8cm
Image Height: 8.8cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Shipman, Paul
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1556108409319 Longitude: -79.245455120079
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2