Niagara College Welland Vale Centre
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Niagara College of Applied Arts and Technology, Welland Vale Centre, St. Catharines, Ontario. June 1973.
The Welland Vale Rapids on the Twelve Mile Creek are visible in the front of the image.
- Slide File Number: 02.24-A-3
This building was formerly the Welland Vale Manufacturing Company Plant. Welland Vale Manufacturing began in 1869 as an axe factory. Products expanded to not only include axes, but brush hooks, picks, crowbars, shovels, spades, agricultural forks, hoes & rakes and edge tools as well. The plant declined after World War 2 and closed in 1965.
The land became part of Niagara College in the 1960's and remained as such until the Glendale Campus opened in 1998. The site has housed various light industries since that time.
- Date of Publication
- Jun 1973
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1594029632014 Longitude: -79.2596900217989
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2