The Welland House Hotel and the St. Catharines Club
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A side view of the Welland House Hotel (30 Ontario Street) looking west down King Street towards Ontario Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. March 1974.
The St. Catharines Club (77 Ontario Street) can be seen in the lower right-hand corner of the image.
- Slide File Number: 02.23-E-4
The Welland House Hotel was built in 1853 as a natural spring spa. It was a hotel for many years until it closed in 1993. The building was sold and converted into student residences in 1994.
The St. Catharines Club began when a group of city business owners formed a men's social club. Their building was built by Daniel Curtis Haynes sometime before 1874 and was bought by the club in 1924. The club remains in the same building today. (2019).
- Date of Publication
- Mar 1974
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1563793820004 Longitude: -79.2482120734024
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2