Demolition of a Crushed Stone Sizing Plant
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Walker Brothers crushed stone sizing plant after dynamite failed to level the building, Thorold, Ontario. c1970.
- Slide File Number: 02.23-E-1
The crushed stone plant opened in 1942 at the quarry on the border of Thorold and Niagara Falls and was demolished in 1970. Walker Brothers began quarrying the site in 1887. It is their oldest quarry site in the Niagara Region.
- Date of Original
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1333888367699 Longitude: -79.1700393023682
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2