Demolition of a Crushed Stone Sizing Plant
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The destruction of the crushed stone sizing plant at Walker Brothers Quarry with dynamite being planted at the foot of the structure, Thorold, Ontario. c1970.
- Slide File Number: 02.23-D-3
The crushed stone plant opened in 1942 at the quarry on the border of Thorold and Niagara Falls and was demolished in 1970. Walker Brothers began quarrying the site in 1887. It is their oldest quarry site in the Niagara Region.
- Date of Publication
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1332635643523 Longitude: -79.1708546939087
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2