The Former Alexandra Hall
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The former Alexandra Hall at 83 Ontario Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. c1973.
- Slide File Number: 02.21-C-4
Alexandra Hall was built in the 1850s. It was sold in 1912 to the Women's Christian Temperance Union and used as a boarding house for young women. The building was sold in 1974 and again in 1975 but remained a boarding house. In 1978 a halfway house was proposed for the building but that was turned down by City Council and in 1979 it was proposed to tear down the building for condos. Instead, starting in the 1980s, the building was rented as offices.
- Date of Publication
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1562767963361 Longitude: -79.2486573200989
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2