The Ontario Paper Company and the Welland Ship Canal
- A. H. Tiplin, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Ontario Paper Company beside the Welland Ship Canal, Thorold, Ontario. Date Unknown.
- File Location: CASE Welland Canal Slides 126
Ontario Paper was incorporated in 1912 as a subsidiary of the Chicago Tribune newspaper. The Thorold Plant manufactured newsprint and wood was brought to the plant using the Welland Canal. The company was bought out by Donohue in 1995 and later by Abitibi in 2000. The factory closed in the late 2000s.
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1099590996684 Longitude: -79.1982496243286
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2