A Lock on the Old Canal
- Mystery Question
- Does anyone know where this is and which canal it is?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- A. H. Tiplin
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A section of either the second or the third canal, Niagara, Ontario.
- File Location: CASE Welland Canal Slides 11
This swing bridge is possibly the bridge that was constructed to replace the Merritton Tunnel. It was constructed in 1887 and was near lock 13 on the third Welland Canal.
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2