McKinnon Industries at Glendale Avenue
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An aerial view of the McKinnon Plant at 570 Glendale Avenue, St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown.
The new administration building is in the foreground and the canal is on the right of the image.
- Slide File Number: 01.16-D-2
McKinnon's started as a hardware store in the 1870s on St. Paul Street. A small plant in the back of the store manufactured carriage parts. The plant moved to Ontario Street in 1900 and in 1929 was bought out by General Motors. The Glendale Plant property was purchased in 1950 and a new addition opened in 1952.
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1447388429471 Longitude: -79.1889835339355
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2