McKinnon Industries at Glendale Avenue
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An aerial view of the McKinnon Plant at Glendale Avenue, St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown.
- Slide File Number: 01.16-D-1
McKinnon's started out as a hardware store in the 1870's on St. Paul Street. At the back of the store there was also a small plant that manufactured carriage parts. The plant moved to Ontario Street in 1900 and in 1929 was bought out by General Motors. The plant continued to expand until the 1970's. During the 1980's and 1990's production began to decline and finally wound down in 2010. The Glendale Plant property was purchased in 1950 and the first addition on the site opened in 1952.
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1450519647389 Longitude: -79.1894556027221
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2