McKinnon Dash & Hardware Co.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- McKinnon Dash & Hardware Co., Ontario Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown.
- Slide File Number: 01.16-C-1
The image is taken from the book "St. Catharines: The Garden City".
McKinnon's started out as a hardware store in the 1870's on St. Paul Street. At the back of the store there was also a small plant that manufactured carriage parts. The plant moved to Ontario Street in 1900 and in 1929 was bought out by General Motors. The plant continued to expand until the 1970's. During the 1980's and 1990's production began to decline and finally wound down in 2010. The property was sold in 2015 and some demolition took place starting 2016.
- The McKinnon Dash & Hardware Co., St. Catharines
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1661068367775 Longitude: -79.2623848658371
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2