The McSloy House
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An image of the McSloy Family House, 64 Church Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown.
The McSloy House was built in 1890 by James McSloy, a dry goods salesman who later opened Canada Hair Cloth. It was one of the first houses in St. Catharines to have electricity and it was deemed one of the "social centres" of St. Catharines. The house, located at the end of Carlisle Street beside the Police station, was torn down in 1971.
- Slide File Number: 01.14-A-3
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1611060170973 Longitude: -79.2458356362152
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2