Carnegie Public Library Plaque
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An image of a plaque marking the Carnegie Public Library, 59 Church Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown.
- Slide File Number: 01.12-E-1
In 1901 correspondence began with Andrew Carnegie to build a new library and in 1903 construction started. The building was designed by Sidney Rose Badgley and opened in 1905. The library received its bookmobile in 1956 and an addition to the children's department was added in 1965. In 1977 the new Centennial Library opened and the Carnegie Library was demolished to make way for the new St. Catharines Courthouse.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.159915048052 Longitude: -79.247418139534
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2