St. Paul Street and the Russell Hotel
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The corner of St. Paul Street and James facing west, St. Catharines, Ontario. The Russell Hotel can be seen on the right. Date Unknown.
- Slide File Number: 01.11-A-3
A hotel was built by Samuel Stinson at the corner of St. Paul and James Streets in 1843. The building's name changed over the years but became known as the Russell Hotel by the late 1800's. There were a series of damaging fires in the 1990's and the building was finally demolished in 1996.
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1580781741711 Longitude: -79.2440600138473
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2