The County Industrial Home
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An image of the County Industrial Home, Ontario Street (between Carleton Street & the QEW), St. Catharines, Ontario.
- Slide File Number: 01.10-E-3
The County Industrial Home was located on the west side of Ontario Street between the QEW and Carleton. The site on which the home was built was a farm, purchased from Mr. Nickerson in 1885/1886. Construction started on the home in 1886 and it opened in January 1887. All that remains of it now is an abandoned cemetery with no headstones.
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1696583202237 Longitude: -79.2642999630737
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2