Hainer Street, St. Catharines
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An image of Hainer Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Lincoln Foundry can be seen at the end of the street.
- Slide File Number: 01.10-C-2
Hainer Street was named for John Hainer, one of the first settlers.
Lincoln Foundry was founded on the site of Kinleith Paper Co. The site was bought in 1933 and the original buildings demolished. The foundry began production in 1939. The company was bought out by Dayton-Walther Corp in 1973. In 1977 the site was bought by the city for the expansion of Highway 406 through the city and the factory was demolished.
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1518684511353 Longitude: -79.2464874130058
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmailspecial.firstname.lastname@example.orgWWW address
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2