The Hotel Dieu Hospital
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An image of the former Hotel Dieu Hospital, 153-155 Ontario Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. c1973.
- Slide File Number: 01.9-E-2
The Hotel Dieu Hospital opened in September of 1953 as a Catholic Hospital. It was built on the site of the home of Samuel Leonard St. John. The hospital grew over the years until it took over the governance and management of the Shaver Hospital. It then became the Hotel Dieu Health Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre and moved to the Shaver Site on top of the escarpment. The original building on Ontario Street was was demolished in 2016.
- Date of Original
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1593644221837 Longitude: -79.25426313694
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2