The Old Courthouse
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An image of the former courthouse, corner of King and James Streets, St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown.
- Slide File Number: 01.7-B-2
The Image is from St. Catharines: The Garden City, a souvenir book, 1904.
This building, built in 1848, was originally a Town Hall designed by Kivas Tulley. It became the County Building in 1862 when the county seat moved to Niagara. An addition was added in 1865. The new courthouse at James and Church Streets opened in 1983.
- Court House, King and James Streets
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1588899932519 Longitude: -79.2459321957397
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2