The St. Catharines Armoury
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A slide of the St. Catharines Armoury auxiliary building, St. Catharines, Ontario. c1973. The Armoury itself is located just outside of the picture to the right.
- Slide File Number: 01.3-D-2
In 1898 a cyclone damaged the drill hall in St. Catharines (located behind Grantham Academy on Church Street) beyond repair. A request was made to the Ministry to supply a new hall in 1899. A site at the corner of Raymond and Clark Street was proposed but in the end the corner of Lake Street and Welland Avenue was chosen for the new hall. The Armoury was built by Sullivan and Langdon, finished in 1905 and formally opened in 1906.
- Date of Original
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1619888116068 Longitude: -79.250486586647
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2