The Duke and Duchess of York and Entourage at the Queen's Royal Hotel
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A slide of The Duke and Duchess of York and entourage on the veranda of the Queen's Royal Hotel, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. October 1901.
- Slide File Number: 01.2-D-3
The Queen's Royal Hotel was built in the late 1860s as the Royal Niagara. It was renamed by Captain Thomas Dick to the Queen's Royal Hotel. Over the years the hotel declined until it was acquired by the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake and turned into Queen's Royal Park.
The Duke of York was proclaimed Prince of Wales in November of 1901 and became King of England in 1910.
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2577182061801 Longitude: -79.0688623550129
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2