A Hunt Club in front of the McSloy Residence
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A Hunt Club in front of the McSloy residence, St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown.
- Slide File Number: 01.2-A-2
The Image is from St. Catharines: The Garden City, a souvenir book, 1904.
The McSloy House was built in 1890 by James McSloy, a dry goods salesman who later opened Canada Hair Cloth. It was one of the first houses in St. Catharines to have electricity and it was deemed one of the "social centres" of St. Catharines. The house was located at the end of Carlisle Street beside the Police Station and was torn down in 1971.
- Hunt Club - Residence of Jas. McSloy
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1608937463621 Longitude: -79.2458557922612
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2