Cenotaph Port Dalhousie
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A photograph of the Cenotaph in Port Dalhousie, now part of present day St. Catharines, Ontario. c1930s. (There is no inscription on the monument for those who died in World War 2 in the photograph)
- File Location: Tweedsmuir History Scrapbook: [Port Dalhousie]. CASE SPEC COLL 971.351 TWE pg 13.
The cenotaph was dedicated in 1924 inscribed with the names of soldiers from Port Dalhousie who died in World War 1. Those who died in World War 2 were added later along with 1950 Korea 1953.
The Tweedsmuir Village Histories began with encouragement by Lady Tweedsmuir, wife of Lord Tweedsmuir, the Governor General of Canada. She believed that the history of Canada should be preserved and encouraged local Women's Institutes to keep history books. After the death of Lord Tweedsmuir, the scrapbooks were named after him resulting in the Tweedsmuir Village History Books.
This scrapbook was created by the Port Dalhousie Women's Institute.
- Date of Original
Width: 7.5 cm
Height: 11.9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 5.6cm
Image Height: 10.2cm
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1997086870735 Longitude: -79.2709643283023
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2