Christ Church McNab
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A photograph of Christ Church McNab in Grantham Township. Date Unknown.
- File Location: Tweedsmuir Village History: Scrapbook. CASE SPEC COLL 971.338 TWE.
The church is in present day Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario.
The congregation initially met in a school house. However, when the space became too small, they built a church. The church was constructed in 1853 with the first Divine Service held on Christmas Day 1853.
The Tweedsmuir Village Histories began with encouragement by Lady Tweedsmuir, wife of Lord Tweedsmuir, the Governor General of Canada. She believed that the history of Canada should be preserved and encouraged local Women's Institutes to keep history books. After the death of Lord Tweedsmuir, the scrapbooks were named after him resulting in the Tweedsmuir Village History Books.
This scrapbook was created by the Grantham Women's Institute. A photocopy of the scrapbook can be found on the shelves in Special Collections.
Width: 6.6 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 5cm
Image Height: 7.5cm
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
St. Catharines Public Library
Agency street/mail address
54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2