Teresa Vanderburgh's Musical Scrapbook #1 - Benefit Concert Program for September 26 Tornado Sufferers
- Mystery Question
- Does anyone know where the Odd Fellows' Hall was located in Thorold?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Teresa Vanderburgh, Compiler
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Page 50, Item 2 of the first of Teresa Vanderburgh's Musical Scrapbooks - program for a benefit concert at the Odd Fellows' Hall in Thorold. The proceeds of the concert were to be given to the sufferers of the September 26 Tornado. October 10, 1898.
- Location: Scrapbook # 1 - Page 50 - Item 2
Date of Scrapbook: 1876-1922
On September 26, a tornado struck Merritton, killing four people in Merritton and one in Thorold, It caused damage to many buildings including the school, Lincoln Mill and the Presbyterian Church. The tornado began in St. Catharines, continued through Merritton and Thorold, crossed the border and dissipated somewhere around Tonawanda New York.
Teresa Vanderburgh was one of St. Catharines' most prominent musicians and teachers for many years. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, musical programs and pamphlets for St. Catharines and other places of interest to Miss Vanderburgh. She died on January 15, 1941.
- p. 50
- Date of Publication
- 10 Oct 1898
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.11682 Longitude: -79.19958
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmailspecial.email@example.comWWW address
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2