Teresa Vanderburgh's Musical Scrapbook #1 - Grand Opera House Benefit Concert Program
- Teresa Vanderburgh, Compiler
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Page 50, Item 1 of the first of Teresa Vanderburgh's Musical Scrapbooks - program for a benefit concert at the Grand Opera House for the aid of the sufferers of the Merritton Tornado. Dated: September 27-October 4, 1898.
- Location: Scrapbook # 1 - Page 50 - Item 1
Date of Scrapbook: 1876-1922
On September 26, a tornado struck Merritton, killing four people in Merritton and one in Thorold. It caused damage to many buildings including the school, Lincoln Mill and the Presbyterian Church. The tornado began in St. Catharines, continued through Merritton and Thorold, crossing the border and dissipating somewhere around Tonawanda New York.
Teresa Vanderburgh was one of St. Catharines' most prominent musicians and teachers for many years. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, musical programs and pamphlets for St. Catharines and other places of interest to Miss Vanderburgh. She died on January 15, 1941.
- p. 50
- Date of Publication
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1553685656674 Longitude: -79.246881697731
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmailspecial.firstname.lastname@example.orgWWW address
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2