Steamer Lemoyne Passing Underneath the Lift Bridge at Port Robinson on the Welland Ship Canal
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of the steamer "Lemoyne" passing underneath the lift bridge at Port Robinson on the Welland Ship Canal (fourth canal), Thorold, Ontario.
Published by F.H. Leslie, Limited, Niagara Falls. Printed in Germany. 1932
- File Number: 09/pt1/32-1.2
The bridge was destroyed after an accident in 1974 when it was struck by the ship "Steelton". The bridge was torn down and not replaced. A ferry operates instead, during the summer months.
- Steamer "Lemoyne" worlds largest carrier. Record wheat 570,885 bushels, coal 17537 tons. Length 634 ft. Beam 70 ft. Displacement 29 ft.
- F.H. Leslie, Limited
- Place of Publication
- Date of Publication
Width: 14 cm
Height: 8.9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.3cm
Image Height: 8.3cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.0391906081225 Longitude: -79.2126262646484
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2