St. Paul Street Methodist Church
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A postcard of St. Paul Street Methodist Church, St. Catharines, Ontario. Postmarked August 1913.
Published by the Valentine & Sons Publishing Co., Ltd. Montreal and Toronto. Printed in Great Britain.
- File Number: 19/pt1/6-1.3
Part of the Petrie Collection donated by the Niagara Falls Public Library to the St. Catharines Public Library
In 1824 a small building was erected and enlarged in 1846. The present church was constructed in 1861 and in 1870 the spire was finished.
The church joined the United Church in 1925 when the Methodist, Congregational & part of the Presbyterian Churches merged together.
The building was destroyed by fire in 1962. It was rebuilt within the existing walls and reopened in 1963.
In 2008 the congregation amalgamated with Welland Avenue United and Memorial United Churches to form Silver Spire Church.
- St. Paul Street Methodist Church, St. Catharines, Ont., Canada
- The Valentine & Sons Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain
- Date of Original:
- Postmarked August 1913
Width: 8.8 cm
Height: 13.7 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 8.8cm
Image Height: 13.7cm
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
St. Catharines Public Library
Agency street/mail address
54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2