Brock's Monument & Restaurant, Queenston Heights
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of Brock's Monument and restaurant, Queenston Heights. Postmarked 1948.
Published by F.H. Leslie, Ltd, Niagara Falls.
- File Number: 15/pt2/33-1.4
Major General Sir Issac Brock was killed at the Battle of Queenston Heights on October 13, 1812 along with one of his aide-de-camps Lieutenant-Colonel John MacDonell. Following the battle both were buried in the Northeast Bastion at Fort George.
Brock's Monument was initially built in the 1820s and his remains were moved from Fort George to the base of the monument along with those of Lieutenant-Colonel John Macdonell. After the monument was partially destroyed by an explosive attack, Brock and Macdonell's remains were temporarily relocated and a second larger monument was built. The current monument was opened in 1859 and is operated by the Friends of Fort George.
- Brock's Monument and Restaurant, Queenston Heights, Ontario
- F.H. Leslie, Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Niagara Falls
- Date of Original
- Postmarked 1948
Width: 13.8 cm
Height: 8.9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 12.7cm
Image Height: 7.6cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1601808949881 Longitude: -79.0511683703613
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2