The Public (Carnegie) Library, Knox Church & City Hall
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A photograph of a winter view of Knox Church, The Public (Carnegie) Library and City Hall at the intersection of Church and James Streets, St. Catharines, Ontario. c1970s.
- File Number: 11/pt1/25-1.3
The congregation of Knox Presbyterian first met in Grantham Academy in 1841 and their first church was built on Centre Street.The present building was built in 1859 on Church Street and enlarged in 1874. In 1875 the name of the church changed from Scotch Church to Knox Church.
In 1925 the church voted to remain part of the Presbyterian Church as opposed to joining the United Church. In 1956-57 the church added on building the Christian Educational Building.
- Date of Original
Width: 12.5 cm
Height: 8.8 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 11.7cm
Image Height: 7.9cm
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1597331461163 Longitude: -79.2467279075087
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2