Knox Church and The Public (Carnegie) Library
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of Knox Church and the Public Library, the corner of Church Street and James Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Postmarked 1905.
Published by Knowles and Co., London, Ontario.
- File Number: 11/pt1/2-1.1
The congregation of Knox Presbyterian first met in Grantham Academy in 1841 and their first church was built on Centre Street.The present building was built in 1859 on Church Street and enlarged in 1874. In 1875 the name of the church changed from Scotch Church to Knox Church.
In 1925 the church voted to remain part of the Presbyterian Church as opposed to joining the United Church. In 1956-57 the church added on building the Christian Educational Building.
- Knox Church and Public Library, St. Catharines.
- Knowles and Co.
- Place of Publication
- London, Ontario
- Date of Original
- Postmarked 1905
Width: 13.2 cm
Height: 8.7 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.2cm
Image Height: 7.4cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1599038371047 Longitude: -79.2472192285775
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmailspecial.firstname.lastname@example.orgWWW address
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2